Founder Ben Weaver began building homes in Wayne and Stark counties in the 1950’s along with running a dairy farm operation. In 1970 Ben sold the farm and dairy operation to pursue his passion for construction and home building, and in 1979 incorporated his home building business. As client demand grew for commercial, retail, church, and industrial projects it became clear that a separate company was needed to focus on these commercial and industrial markets. In 1999 WCH General Contractors (WCHGC) was developed as a DBA of the residential company, Weaver Custom Homes, Inc., for this purpose. Ron Wenger, Ben's Son-in-Law, who joined the business in 1983, became the Vice President of this division. As WCHGC continued to grow and expand, our name was changed to Weaver Commercial Contractor, Inc. (WCC) in 2009, becoming a stand-alone “S” corporation with Ron Wenger as President.